Karada: Japanese Body Therapy in Burgos Circle, Taguig

 

Around this time five years ago, I was 8 months pregnant with my youngest child and I was feeling all sorts of pains and aches. I daydreamed of going to Karada for their unique massage therapy, but it was impossible, they wouldn't do any treatments on pregnant women. I understand them, of course. Karada's techniques require specific positions that simply aren't suitable for someone in my condition then.  Weeks after giving birth, I went back - and I was denied their treatments again - "too soon", they said.  Argh.  When finally I became eligible to receive their services, I did so with a vengeance! I bought a discounted package for multiple treatments and sessions, to make up for lost time.  I got my fix. And when I consumed all of the vouchers I bought, I was fine.  I didn't go for months, which turned into years. Before I knew it, it's been 4 years since my last Karada visit! 



So when my sister asked me "gusto mo mag Karada?" - my heart leapt! "Yes!"  I realized how much I've missed Karada! I've had massages from various places in the last couple of years, but Karada is different. It's in a league of its own.  It feels less like a relaxing massage at a spa, and more like a visit to a medical facility for a therapy session, but without the dreary hospital vibe - it's a more casual version - clean, efficient, friendly but not too much - they've perfected the proportion of professional distance and personalized/customized treatment.  There's no dark lighting, nor private massage rooms, no aromatherapy oils - there's also no guess work! All therapists are trained in the Karada technique - a system so specific and scientific that you don't need to wonder "will I get a good therapist?"  In other massage places, it's a hit or miss situation, you pray you get a good masseuse, the quality of your session depends on how lucky you are in the "massage-therapist lottery". 




At Karada, the relationship among the human body, the therapy's techniques, and the custom-crafted equipment, are all codified with precision. The choreography is based on science, and the therapist's performance is not left to chance. Through training, practice, and equipment, the therapist is provided the scaffolding for consistent successful delivery of Karada's trademark treatments.  There's room for a talented therapist to shine, and deliver a more memorable session than usual, but there's little room for failure. I suspect that even a therapist having a very bad day would still pull off a good session.  I find it reassuring that all customers will get the same level of quality treatment.  Customers are all made to wear uniform Karada shirt and pants; use the specially-designed Karada massage beds; get treated in the same open therapy space; and receive the same brand of service.  There's customization to a certain degree  - the therapist will ask where it hurts and there's room for focusing on problem spots, but the amount of time devoted to concentrating on such areas is deliberately (professionally and scientifically) set.  There's another kind of Karada bed in a separate space, I sometimes get to use it, sometimes not - depending on what treatment and time allotment I booked (30, 60 or 90 mins) - I guess what I want to emphasize is that while treatments are not uniform, the treatments are uniformly of high quality.



My favorite treatment - AP Balance - aligns the atlas to the pelvis - relieving pain from all sorts of body parts in one fell swoop. Therapists will ask for your preference before they do the "adjustment" - that's the word they use, but in my head, I make my own translation - I think they are asking me: "do you want us to crack your neck and back"? Of course I always say yes! That's precisely why I go to Karada! (this is optional of course...I imagine my parents would probably be the type to say no). When my therapist adjusted my neck on one side first (to the right), I was soooooo happy, and grateful that there was still another side (to the left). After weeks of suffering from a stiff neck, the adjustment was pure bliss. But that was just the prelude! The highlight of all my AP treatments is that special moment when everything between neck and hip snaps back into place as therapists expertly position one's body and adjusts the spine by exerting their force/weight in one well-rehearsed and scientifically-researched maneuver - "krokotokokotok"!  What a grand finale!  

At trip to Karada coupled with a healthy meal at nearby Shaka Cafe just made me feel like my sister and I had quality "me-time"/ "we-time" this weekend. Naka pasyal, naka pahinga. 


Date of visit: March 12, 2022

Karada, 2nd Level, 8 Forbes Town Center, Burgos Circle, Taguig

Official Website: https://karada.com.ph/


Related post: Shaka Cafe: A Health Conscious Saturday in Burgos Circle




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apartment 1B Laiya: Beachfront gourmet dining in Batangas

Sta. Elena Fun Farm: A Birthday Party Outdoors in Cabuyao, Laguna