The Henry Resort : Boutique Hotel and Gourmet Food in Laiya

A decade ago, my husband Oliver took me on a date to Apartment 1B at The Henry in Pasay, back when we still lived in the area. We loved the boutique hotel's design and the gourmet comfort food of Apt. 1B. Now that The Henry opened a resort in Laiya beach, we wanted to see it! The boutique resort opened its doors on December 18, 2021 and when we visited, only a few rooms on the ground floor were operational. The rooms in the 2nd and 3rd floors have yet to be completed.




Like The Henry in Pasay, I also liked the design choices at this resort. Compact and efficiently laid out, the rooms are not too far from the pool, resto, and beach front!  I like how I can see my kids from the cafe area, whether they're swimming or playing on the sand. I can be sitting in the shade, sipping my drink, and lounging in comfort while they spend their energy, playing. 





The Henry Taramindu derives its name from a huge Sampaloc tree and the welcome drink they served us was fresh tamarind juice which was quite a treat. Our kids couldn't wait to jump in the pool so they changed quickly while my husband and I took our sweet time.  We felt the change of pace immediately. Laiya has an island vibe and the resort called for a more laid-back attitude. 




Just beyond the pool is the lovely resto, Apartment 1B (which deserves a separate post), and then - there's the beach! Laiya's beach isn't powdery white like Boracay's - it's cream-colored and grainy-pebbly - I think I got a few scratches on my legs from kneeling in the water and getting swept by the waves. But to my surprise, the kids enjoyed it nonetheless. My sons donned their snorkelling gear and did some exploring underwater. Even without corals and colorful fish, the pebbles, stones, and rocks gave the boys enough excitement. The waves were strong, but even 4-year old Lauan went with the flow and just enjoyed swaying (or being smashed) along the shore.  Guijo asked his dad to bury him in the sand, and it was loads of fun.






Date of stay: 6-7 February 2022
The Henry Resort Taramindu Laiya
San Juan, Batangas


Related post:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apartment 1B Laiya: Beachfront gourmet dining in Batangas

Karada: Japanese Body Therapy in Burgos Circle, Taguig

Sta. Elena Fun Farm: A Birthday Party Outdoors in Cabuyao, Laguna